Multimodal Analysis Video
- Interactive software for annotation and analysis of videos
- Sample analyses and ready-made templates to facilitate teaching and learning about language, image and audio resources in videos
- Visualization shows relative time for combinations of multimodal choices
- Adaptable concepts and frameworks for systematic analysis and interpretation for critical thinking
- Multimodal Analysis Video supports the following video formats: .mpg, .avi, .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .flv and .m4v
• Project Window: to organise your media texts
• Library Window: to organise your frameworks for analysis
• Analysis Window: to analyse your videos according to speakers
• Visualization Window: to view your analysis from different angles
Students can actually analyse using a framework which serves as a good guide while teachers can use the finished product to explain the analysis in the light of the objective/question.
- Self-directional learning – Software environment more natural to students – Systematic
Enhance our critical thinking skills, allowing us to notice details that may not be seen at first glance.